SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2011

From:
Marc Muehlfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marc Muehlfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2011 09:31:14 +0200
Hi,

we're currently evaluating a migration from Centos 5 to SL6. But I have some
questions about repositories:

We have a local repository were our servers get their updates from. But I'm
unsure, what I exaclty have to mirror. On the FTP there are the following
directories:

- 6
- 6.0
- 6rolling
- 6x

Question 1: What are the differences?

Question 2: The default *.repo uses the $releasever variable, which is
resolved to "6.0". If we plan to always have the newest (minor) version after
every update, I think I have to replace that. Is there an other variable for
that or do I have to hardcode it?

Question 3: Do I have to block any package that would recreate the SL repo
files after an upgrade?

Regards,
Marc