SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2011 16:30:24 -0500
Scientific Linux 5.6 BETA 2 is now available.

We have pushed out the latest update to SL 5.6.
There is both network install images as well as DVD images.

The DVD images are at
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/iso/

KNOWN BUG
For i386 DVD, x86_64 DVD, and x86_64 network install, After the packages
are all installed, you will get the following error.

"Error running transaction
An error occurred while installing packages.
Please examine /root/install.log on your
installed system for detailed information."

It is safe to hit "OK", and the install will finish successfully.  If
you look in the install log you will find that the jdk post install
script did not run successfully.

Changed since BETA 1

- Updated kernel during the install
- There were a few packages that needed to be rebuilt due to library
dependancies.  They are the following.
-- kudzu
-- libtevent
-- perl-Sys-Virt
-- systemtap
- We have added all the security and fastbug updates up until Tuesday
May 10, 2011.

-Scientific Linux Development Team