SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 08:48:58 -0500
On 04/29/2011 03:48 AM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> Hello SL developers,
>
> it seems like many source rpm packages from Scientific Linux
> do not get syned out into the public.
>
> E.g. kexec-tools-1.102pre-126.el5_6.5.src.rpm is available
> as binary rpm, but not as source rpm. Taking this from
> the official Red Hat source rpms does work for me.
>
> Is this some broken pushout script, did I look into the wrong
> directories or do you only provide full source once a final
> ISO is generated?
>
> best regards,
>
> Florian La Roche

Mainly the last, although it's not a set policy.

The normal scripts that push out the security and fastbug errata have
the debuginfo and source rpm's automatically pushed out.

The scripts that move a release out into the rolling area, and then over
to the final area, do things in steps.  So there is a separate script
for the i386 area, the x86_64 area, the source rpm area, and the
debuginfo area.

Until we hit the release candidate stage, the source rpm area and the
debuginfo area are sorta optional.  We may or may not run the source rpm
script, depending on how busy we are at the time, or if we have been
having problems with packages and we might not want the source rpm's to
be pushed out because they are still in flux.

I just ran the script, so all the source rpm's should be up in the
rolling area now.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group