SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2011

From:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2011 14:08:59 +0000

> I suggest that you put in a bugzilla entry for RHEL 6 on this issue.

FYI I found an outstanding redhat bug on this issue, however, shortly
after commenting on the bug, it was made private by redhat and the bug
report is no longer viewable.

The bug still exists in RHEL 6.1 beta, but I have resolved the issue
with a local workaround to fix PXE installs on systems with Broadcom 57780

Unpack the initrd.img, copy the broadcom.ko file from a working SL60
install , and update the module dependency files (with depmod), and
repackage the initrd.img and replace on the PXE server.

regards
--
Simon Butcher

Computer and IT Systems Manager