SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

From:
Larry Vaden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Vaden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:46:36 -0600
2011/2/21 Hervé Riboulot <[log in to unmask]>:

> May I risk a platitude? The configuration is strictly depending on the use
> of your PC.
>
> I try a few comments here after:
>
> isdn : to be disabled (your access relies on an Adsl connexion)

Someone needs to email [log in to unmask] and inform her that ISDN is not used
on very many machines these days and therefore can probably be safely
considered for removal from the list of default services, thus
automagically achieving for all users part of Bullet #2 of
<http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/factsheets/rhel5-pamphlet-i731.pdf>.  Ad
nauseam.

YOMV, but it is better for the security of the community to turn on
needed functions on a case by case basis than for each member of the
community to turn off unneeded functions because Will Rogers was
correct about ignorance.