SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

scientific linux users <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:45:54 +0000
On 02/09/2011 04:11 PM, Ewan Mac Mahon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As far as I'm aware SL 5.6 isn't out yet - I don't think I've seen a
> release announcement, it's not on ftp.scientificlinux.org, and the web
> site front page lists 5.5 as the latest, and SL 6 was being considered a
> higher priority.

sl 5.6 is "sl 5 rolling":

+++
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:30:44 -0600
Subject: TESTING - kernel update for SL5
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

Hello,
We have had our first kernel security update following the release of SL
5.6.  We have tested it on a SL5.0 machine.  It installs, runs and
openafs works on it.  I would feel much better if others ran it to make
sure it works for them.

Can others test this kernel out on their machines to make sure it
doesn't break something we didn't expect.

I have also put the new kvm into the x86_64 testing area with the kernel.

To test or update

SL5
-------

          yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update kernel\*

or you can download rpm's by hand at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/kernel/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/kernel/

kernel-2.6.18-238.1.1.el5