SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:48:59 +0000
Well thanks for your reply and thanks to tc.hago for his reply but I
think there is something wrong not with useage but now perhaps the
kernel which comes with rhel5 (and earlier according to google). It
doesn't have the kernel modules:

see output of /sbin/lsmod |grep crypto

crypto_blkcipher       17473  1 cbc
crypto_algapi          22721  2 cbc,crypto_blkcipher
crypto_api             12609  3
xfrm_nalgo,crypto_blkcipher,crypto_algapi

Well this is going a little beyond my Knowledge of linux now so
I can't say for sure but aes is not listed in the output. But I
understand that encryption is also listed as a number as well as by name
so .... I just don't know.

Thanks anyway.

Richard.