SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

From:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:48:37 -0800
On 11-02-08 3:42 PM, g wrote:
> hi ray,
>
> i appreciate your consideration by sending post to me and cc: to
> scientific linux.
>
> but really, do you not think i wold see your post without sending to
> directly to me?

We receive emails as CC to scientific linux and a From: <original
sender> field.  "Reply to all" is best, as it sends to everyone on the
list - especially if you have an answer, this way everyone finds out.
Generally I remove the "To:" field when I'm responding, but some people
might not, I wouldn't take any offense at it :)

>> FYI, the CentOS wiki has a pretty good page on dm-crypt plus LUKS:
>>
>>    http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/EncryptedFilesystem
>
> may be so. but i do not have anything to do with centos, which is why
> i use scientific linux. ;)

CentOS and Scientific Linux are both RHEL based - generally, if you find
something about packages for CentOS it's applicable to SL.

-Chris