SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:13:26 -0600
Alan Bartlett wrote:
> On 8 February 2011 03:21, Chris Tooley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

>> I am attempting to get an HP Color LaserJet cp2025dn installed on some SL5
>> systems.
>>
>> Firstly, if anyone has any experience getting these up and running I would
>> be grateful for some hints or help :)
>>
>> Anyway, according to here:
>> http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/color_laserjet/hp_color_laserjet_cp2025dn.html
>>
>> I need to have HPLIP 2.8.10 or greater installed - which seems to pan out as
>> I have tried to get a PPD from a newer ubuntu system to work with SL5 and it
>> has issues with a foomatic script - which implies to me that a PPD alone
>> won't work.
>>
>> As far as I can see, HPLIP in the repos is version 1.6.7 - is there a repo
>> out there that has a newer version?
>>

> Scott Robbins has an page [1] titled "Installing HPLIP 3.10.6 on
> CentOS 5.3" that might be worth a read.
>
> Alan.
>
> [1] http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/hplip.html

This might be of help:
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-HP_Color_Laserjet_CP2025dn
It looks like it is supported by the "older" HPIJS.  You probably won't
get all of the advanced features it may have, but it will print.  The
package is called "hpijs" in SL5.

If that fails, try some of the generic PCL drivers or even Postscript.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola