SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:59:24 -0600
Brett wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to find the package known as btrfs-progs in Fedora-land, but
> it seems unavailable from yum install in SL6. I have enabled the
> repositories (normal, testing, and bleeding) below:
>
> ElRepo
> AtRPMs
> RPMforge
> Epel
>
> Is there another repository source I that might have this package?
> Googling did not turn up anything for the Red Hats and their Scientific
> cousins. Otherwise I can build a new kernel if there are no packages
> around....
>
> Thanks,
> Brett.
> PS Thanks to all the Scientific Linux team! I have been using an Alpha
> release all this month with no problems.

btrfs-progs is part of the normal SL6 distribution, which is why you
cannot find it in the external repo's.

# yum list btrfs-progs
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
btrfs-progs.x86_64         0.19-11.el6                 sl
#

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group