SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2011

From:
Don Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Krause <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:34:06 -0800
Ok, this is definitely a bug. Well 2 actually.

But It doesn't appear in the publicly accessible bugzilla at RH.

Package ypbind actually depends on policycoreutils-python.

A fresh install of SL6 Beta1, using "Software Development Workstation", and selecting NIS under "Use Network Login", fails
to install policycoreutils-python, which contains "sesetbool". "sesetbool" is called by /etc/init.d/ypbind to allow ypbind access.

Installing as "Basic Server" at least includes policycoreutils-python.

Unfortunately, bug number 2, is that "sesetbool allow_ypbind=1" doesn't work, since the default selinux policy doesn't have
"allow_ypbind"

I doubt this is a SL bug, but I'm not totally sure. Should I file this with RH, or is this an SL issue?

Thanks very much!

--
Don Krause
Head Systems Geek,