SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Bob & Jeanne Good <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob & Jeanne Good <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2011 10:45:40 -0600
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:00:02 +0100, Dag Wieers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Bob & Jeanne Good wrote:
>
>> I finally got LibreOffice 3.3 install and function properly in SL6.
>>
>> It appears you need to install the Java Platform Standard Edition Runt
ime

>> Environment.  Without it, at least on my laptop, LibreOffice Writer or

>> spreadsheet would start to open but close immediately. I used
>> jre-1.6.0_22-fcs. The nice thing about LibreOffice 3.3 is it can
>> export docx documents.
>>
>> Thought I'd pass this along.
>
>Hi Bob,
>
>I was wondering, does it co-exist with OpenOffice ?
>
>I'd like to test unoconv with LibreOffice.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>-- dag wieers, [log in to unmask], http://dag.wieers.com/
>-- dagit linux solutions, [log in to unmask], http://dagit.net/
>
>[Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors]
>========================
=========================

Whoa! Not THE Dag from RPMForge!?! ;). I use your site for installs like
all
the time. As Patrick stated, I also read somewhere (I think at LibreOffic
e's
FAQ) that OpenOffice and LibreOffice can co-exist together. If I recall
correctly I had both installed at one point with no problems.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bob