SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:31:12 -0600
On 02/18/2011 03:05 PM, Nick Burns wrote:
> Hi all - I've just installed the SL6 Beta 3 for testing, and it
> installed perfectly.  But since this is still only the Beta version,
> does that mean that there are no SL6 repo's yet, for installing other
> software?
>
> I've not gone through this testing process before, so I was not sure if
> the repo's are active or if I need the full DVD download for all other
> software.  I only used the boot.iso and brought down the install.img
> from one of the mirrors to install from.
>
> It all looks great so far! - thanks

Hi Nick,
Yes, all our normal repositories are active.  Those are the sl,
sl-security, sl-fastbugs, sl-testing (nothing in it though).
The extra repos's, well that depends on those external repositories.  I
do know that EPEL, adobe, and rpmforge all have packages in them.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group