SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:22:37 +0000
On 14/02/11 15:10, Troy Dawson wrote:

> When using the boot.iso image you have to pick URL, not CDROM.  The
> boot.iso does not contain the full install image, only the tools to go
> get the full image.

Hi Troy

Thanks. I thought this might work as it did under Fedora.

I've just worked out how to use a URL for the install image with
kickstart. You just need

url --url
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/os/

This was documented under the install option, so I thought I should use
"install --url http://...", which was wrong.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.