SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:53:16 +0000
Hi - I'm trying to use the SL-6-x86_64-2011-01-21-boot.iso image to
start a kickstart install of the SL6 beta. This image appears to contain
an install.img file. The ks file has repo entries pointing to the SL6
rolling repositories.

The kickstart install however stops, asking "what type of media contains
the installation image". If you choose CDROM, it says "The SL disc was
not found in any of your CDROM drives". It doesn't seem to think the
boot.iso file is a valid installer.

Is this a known issue?

I can use a network URL option to start the install and it works. I did
try the "install --url" option in the kickstart file (as is documented
by RH), but this appears to give an error - I'm not sure whether this is
a RH bug however.

The state of the SL6 system seems very good after installation however -
I haven't found any other bugs.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.