SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:06:20 +0100
Hi Patrick

On 02/07/2011 08:16 PM, patrickm wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 19:10:36 -0600, Bob & Jeanne Good
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Urs's LiveCD SL6 creations are working very well for me as well.
>
> I tried the LiveDVD. And everything seems to work well, except that I
> got an error when I was configuring the firewall. I configured the
> Network Print Client (IPP) and got the following error when I tried to
> save the configuration: http://www.imagebam.com/image/02a339118578182

Thanks for reporting this.

In case system-config-firewall is started from the menu -> System ->
Administration -> Firewall. The program system-config-firewall runs
under the normal user "sluser", which has no permission to change the
firewall config. That's why you get the error "IOError: Permission
denied: /etc/sysconfig/iptables.old"

It should work, if you run the firewall configuration as root from the
command line:

su -
system-config-firewall

This all happens because I do not set a root password and give all
rights to the sluser via /etc/sudoers

sluser     ALL=(ALL)     NOPASSWD: ALL

This seems to "confuse" system-config-firewall when starting as normal
user.

I have to think about how to solve this problem ... any suggestions are
welcome.

Cheers,

    Urs