SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

February 2011

From:
Jordan Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jordan Dean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 13:50:35 -0600
Here's a hacky way to do this:

Since you know the MAC address, you can cheat and setup the network later (I
think this will work).

Leave ksdevice=<MAC address>

Leave the network stuff blank, we'll fix it in post (alternatively you can
set it up and nuke it in post)
Network --disable

In %POST do something like this (the if is not formatted correctly, you can
figure it out though)

TEST1=`cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 |grep <MAC address>`
If TEST1 = '' then
IFWANTED = 'eth0'
Else
IFWANTED = 'eth1'

Then you echo the ifcfg file to the correct spot

Echo 'DEVICE="$IFWANTED"' > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/if-cfg$IFWANTED
Echo 'ONBOOT=yes' >>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/if-cfg$IFWANTED

Something like that may work for you, there's a lot of power in %POST

-Jordan