SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
Scott Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:20:49 -0600
On Jan 15, 2011, at 2:08 PM, g wrote:

> On 01/15/2011 06:29 PM, Scott Nelson wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I don't think this is a problem with SL6 per se,
>
> are you running a multi boot system?

No

> did you have grub install to boot sector of first drive?

Yes

> when grub starts your system, do you have a menu with a selection
> of other installations?

No

> do you have a live cd/dvd?

Yes

> i am not with sl6 as yet, and above is some info that will help
> those who are  with a solution to your problem.

Thanks.

Just as I received this e-mail, I discovered that my BIOS was set to boot my second drive first (!!?!)
Changing that so that my first drive is first, I get much further; I get into stage 1 and get

Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition

Press any key to continue...

So, I'm back to googling...