SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:50:26 -0600
This could be a simple matter of firmware for the USB wireless
adapters.  Have you tried removing the USB adapters for a few seconds
after linux has been shutdown, then booting windows?  You could also
unplug them while windows is running and then replug to load windows'
copy of the firmware.  I've had adapters that refuse to work between the
2 OSes because of mismatched driver/firmware combinations without
removing power from the adapter.  I imagine there is some flag or device
ID change that occurs once the firmware is properly loaded, causing
subsequent loads to be ignored.  I've seen this with JTAG programmers as
well.  You may be experiencing this, only in a more subtle manner.

-Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola
Digital Systems Engineer