SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
Francesco Alfano <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francesco Alfano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:10:43 +0100
Hello,
I have a problem with the (exported) sharing of network resources.
Initially i've used a sever with RedHat 7.3 kernel 2.4 now i've
installed Scientific Linux 5.5 with kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5PAE with
Samba version 3.0.33-3.29.el5_5.1.
The problem is that I lose the network connection periodically, about 10
minutes!

I initially thought the problem was caused by a misconfiguration of
samba version of sl, that I installed on a client machine with windows
2000 the "Microsoft Windows for Unix" in order to use nfs connection
exported from linux server, but the problema arise equally.

It's a serious problem for me because the disconnection of a mapped
drive on w2k (connected via smb or nfs) is causing the crash of a basic
application that tries to detect the presence every second of a new file
in shared resource.

This problem was not present with the older version of linux !!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards
Francesco Alfano