SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
"LEES, Cooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
LEES, Cooper
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:22:11 +1100
Hi All,

I am mounting NFS from a Sun (Oracle) x4540 using the following options:
plumper.ansto.gov.au:/cesspool/home        /home   nfs
defaults,bg,intr,hard,noacl     0 0
(Have played with noac as well etc.)

1)
Is there better options I should use to obtain better performance? (e.g.
noac will but I would the server to commit to disk and flash should help
my speed there)

2)
Is there a package (preferably within Scientific Linux Packages - if not
easily compilable) to do benchmarks on a mounted NFS filesystem?
Possibly print out latency and IOPs? I ask as I am about to add a F20e
flash card to my server and want to see the difference in performance I
can get with the Flash card and no flash card.

Ta,
----
Cooper Ry Lees
HPC / UNIX Systems Administrator - Information Technology Services (ITS)
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
T  +61 2 9717 3853
F  +61 2 9717 9273
M  +61 403 739 446
E  [log in to unmask]
www.ansto.gov.au <http://www.ansto.gov.au>

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee.
It is confidential and may contain privileged information or copyright
material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or further
disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by
telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.