SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:58:48 +0000
On 01/11/2011 04:02 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:

akemi,

thank you for replying.

<snip>

>> This system is not registered with RHN.
>> RHN support will be disabled.

<snip>

> First of all, you seem to have rhn-related packages on your system.
> Try finding them by:

it may seem that way from yum's report, but if you note what i left in
above quoting, yum disables RHN support.

i imagine RHN is in repos list for those using sl and are registered
users.

<>

> Second, you are getting some errors with the epel repo. I suggest you
> reinstall it.

epel was working with what is there, but now nothing.

> Finally, the following command will display all the repos:
>
> yum repolist all

which does nothing but give similar errors to previously posted errors.

+++
$ su -c "yum repolist all"
Password:
Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, filter-data,
              : kernel-module, keys, kmod, list-data, merge-conf, priorities,
              : protect-packages, protectbase, refresh-updatesd, rhnplugin,
              : security, tmprepo, tsflags, upgrade-helper, verify, versionlock
This system is not registered with RHN.
RHN support will be disabled.
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.redhat.com/mirrorlist?repo=epel-5&arch=i386/ error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
 * sl-base: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
 * sl-security: ftp2.scientificlinux.org
http://download.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
epel. Please verify its path and try again
$
+++

please understand, main of my questioning is;

  what "yum" or "rpm" command can i use to reinstall repo list?

thanks again.

--

peace out.

tc.hago,