SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 14:55:33 -0800
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> And, here is the reply we've received from the EVO support folks.
>
> ------
> The reason is in OpenGL version. You need at least v.1.5+ to be able to
> use the most recent ViEVO. As you can see from your logs, you have 3.3
> in case when you can successfully use it and 1.4 when you cannot.
> Perhaps RPMs are messed up. Please use drivers from nvidia web site,
> until SLC5 will resolve this issue.
> ------

I, too, recommend installing ELRepo's nvidia packages (OK, I'm
biased). They get updated in a timely manner (so far at least). If you
install them now, it is version 260.19.29 (OpenGL 3.3.0). Unlike the
Nvidia's installer, you do not need development software and there is
no need to reinstall upon kernel updates (kABI-tracking kernel
module).

Akemi