SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:45:36 -0600
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, I didn't see this till now.
If you see the error "Metadata file does not match checksum" it usually
means that the yum repo area has been updated after yum cached it's data.
You need to do a
   yum clean all
and yum will clean everything up, and then try whichever yum command you
  were trying before.

Troy

Hervé Riboulot wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I've tried the update. The outcome follows (whatever repository is
> accessed):
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/55/x86_64/updates/security/repodata/filelists.sqlite.bz2:
> [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
>
> Same result for the update applied to Python.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Le 21.01.2011 20:53, Troy Dawson a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> There is a gcc security update that came out when 5.6 came out.  I
>> have tested it, and it has passed all of my tests. I would feel more
>> comfortable letting the general Scientific Linux community test this
>> update.
>>
>> If all goes well, we plan on pushing out this security errata to all the
>> SL5 releases on Wednesday January 26, 2011
>>
>> To test or update
>>
>> SL5
>> -------
>>
>>            yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update gcc\*
>>
>> or you can download rpm's by hand at
>>
>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/gcc/
>>
>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/gcc/
>>

>> gcc-4.1.2-50.el5
>>
>> Thanks
>> Troy Dawson
>> --
>> Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
>> Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group