SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2011

From:
"Robert P. J. Day" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert P. J. Day
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 05:34:03 -0500
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Heiner W wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> I installed SL 6.0 on a testing system to practise for my RHCE exam.
> As SL6 is in alpha stage i thought it can't be wrong to join the
> community so i can share knowledge / get help and information about
> bugs/errors/etc.
>
> So "Hi" everybody! :)

  off-topic for SL but on-topic for this post, i'm a regular pre-pub
reviewer for pearson publishing and i *just* finished reviewing an
upcoming book that helps people study for the official RHCSA/RHCE
certification exams.

  [DISCLAIMER: i have *no* financial interest in this book, other than
having been paid a flat fee for the reviewing.  i make nothing from
any eventual sales.]

  the book is lab-based and *very* carefully identifies and covers the
topics specifically required for both the RHCSA and RHCE exams, and
also distinguishes between how things work in 5.5 and 6.  and,
obviously, it's applicable for RHEL, centos and SL.

  i can post a 1-page (marketing) overview when i get it.  again, i
have no monetary interest in the book, i just thought people who want
to study for official RH certification might be interested in it. (and
just as an aid to working with SL, it would probably be handy as
well.)

  beyond the above, i won't mention any more unless someone explicitly
asks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca