SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

From:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:31:23 -0800
On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> [...]
>>> This is possibly the greatest part of this source rpm.  Thank you for making an rpm that is able to do both the old and new way.  I know it's a lot of work.
>>
>> Glad you like it.
>>
>> Since I have very limited experience with these kmods, it would be really great to hear from the elrepo folks whether/why the above changes are stupid. Alan, Akemi, Dag, ..., are you reading?
>
> We are reading  :-)  But we have not been following up quite well :-(
> We would be happy to discuss with you as soon as we digest the
> details.

Hi Stephan,

Jack Neely wrote to the elrepo-devel list and offered to contribute
the openafs packages to ELRepo.  So, most likely, he is going to be
the maintainer for ELRepo.

We have yet to publish the packages from the srpms Jack submitted, but
are you going to maintain yours for SL? Or you'd rather join us?
Whichever the case, I think we can help each other.

Akemi