SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

From:
Kai Heide <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kai Heide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2011 09:43:38 +0100
Hi all,

I saw in the #centos channel on freenode a discussion about
ndiswrapper in centos 6. The discussion was that RHEL modified their
kernel in that way, which doesn't can handle wificards via
ndiswrapper. Does the Scientific Linux 6 Kernel can handle wificards
via ndiswrapper. Does sl-contrib will provide a ndiswrapper package
again? I'm running SL5.5 on my msi wind u100 with a 8187se wirficard.

Afaik this network driver should be a part of the kernel since .29,
and i tested it with a fedora livecd but the nm showed me an available
wificard without networks.. I hate this wifi problematics, always!
--
MfG
Kai Heide