SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2011 01:38:49 +0000
On 01/25/2011 09:30 PM, Peter Waller wrote:
<>

> Ah, apologies. I was lead to believe that they were more strongly coupled
> than they are by the SL homepage:

accepted. and not a problem.

<>
> Obviously, the "C" in SLC is more important than I realised.

i do believe that cern had good reason for doing so, as connie pointed out.

my apoligies for delay in responding. i filter 'text/html' to a separate
folder and do not read it as often as 'text/plain' folder.

you might consider not using 'html' when you post to tech support list as
there are many who send 'html' to trash and never see it.

good luck finding what you want for 'gitg', tho i would suggest that you
might be better off learning 'git' from 'command line' as you never know
when you might be without "X".

these 2 links will help;

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/
  ftp://ftp.il.kernel.org/software/scm/git/docs/v1.7.3.5/user-manual.html

> Thanks for the clear response,

most welcome. much luck.

--

peace out.