SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:34:21 -0600
Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Elena Korytko wrote:
>> В Пнд, 24/01/2011 в 11:45 -0600, Troy Dawson пишет:

>>> Hi,
>>> Is this doing a install via the network or DVD?
>>> Or does it happen for both?
>> It's happened for network, DVD and hard disk installation methods.
>>> Troy
>>

> I've given it a test and can't reproduce this.
> dbus isn't in the security updates, or fastbugs, so it should only be
> coming from the main batch of packages and shouldn't be influenced by
> selecting any of the extra repositories.
>
> If you are able to get to any of the console screens, can you send what
> they say?
> I'm not sure how VMWare handles Ctrl+Alt+F3 or Ctrl+Alt+F4 but if you
> can get to those screens, they would be interesting to see and might
> give us more information.
>
> Thanks
> Troy

Nevermind, I got it to fail for me.  But only for the DVD.  But that
let's me investigate it better.
If anyone has a solution, please let me know, because I'm not seeing
anything on the console screens out of the ordinary, and I've checked
that the dbus package on the DVD is the same as the network.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group