SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

January 2011

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:57:36 -0600
Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 12:10 PM, Akemi Yagi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>> Glad you like it.
>>>
>>> Since I have very limited experience with these kmods, it would be really great to hear from the elrepo folks whether/why the above changes are stupid. Alan, Akemi, Dag, ..., are you reading?
>> We are reading  :-)  But we have not been following up quite well :-(
>> We would be happy to discuss with you as soon as we digest the
>> details.
>
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Jack Neely wrote to the elrepo-devel list and offered to contribute
> the openafs packages to ELRepo.  So, most likely, he is going to be
> the maintainer for ELRepo.
>
> We have yet to publish the packages from the srpms Jack submitted, but
> are you going to maintain yours for SL? Or you'd rather join us?
> Whichever the case, I think we can help each other.
>
> Akemi

Hi,
On the subject of openafs, we're found one selinux bug.
If you have selinux turned on, then the /afs directory, by default, has
the wrong selinux settings.

To fix this you have to run
   restorecon -v /afs
(Actually you don't need the -v, but it's nice to see that something is
done)
And then you can start afs normally.

We'll have something in place by this friday's Alpha/Beta rollout.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group