SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2010

From:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stephan Wiesand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 22:14:50 +0100
Hi,

On Dec 30, 2010, at 21:57 , Michel Duquaine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to install the openjdk-plugin on SL6 Alpha but get the same
> problem as mentionned on this page
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/rhelv6-list/2010-November/msg00043.html.

it was in EL6 beta, but then it was removed before GA :-(

> Is there a workaround?

We resorted to building and installing the jpackage rpms derived from the SUN^H^H^HOracle ones, as we did in the past, although we had really hoped this would come to an end with SL6. Well, it didn't. These packages cannot be redistributed, you'll have to build them yourself. We'll gladly share our spec though, not claiming it's perfect.

If anyone found a better solution, I'd *love* to hear about it.

Regards,
	Stephan

--
Stephan Wiesand