SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2010

From:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 15:54:16 +0000
On 06/12/10 14:55, Troy Dawson wrote:

<snip>

> I see both pro's and con's with this.
>
> Pro
> - less work
> - it will be the same if they install the repo from us, or get it from
> the repo directly
>
> Con
> - longtime SL users will expect yum-conf-blah
> - I'm not sure that all the repositories have priorities set in their
> default repo setups.
>
> Troy

ELRepo (elrepo-release) decided against including a priorities setting
by default for the simple reason, what value would you set it to not
knowing what other repos are present and how their priorities are set?
Until there is consensus between repos each user is likely to configure
their priorities differently so we decided to leave it to the user to
configure manually according to their own preference.

BTW, ELRepo has an EL6 branch up and running and we are gradually
populating it with packages, which should work fine with SL6 alpha onwards.

Regards,

Phil