SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2010

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2010 19:58:31 +0100
Hi,

I have created a first alpha version of SL6 LiveCD. Maybe I should even
call it pre-alpha version. You can download it from

http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/download/testing/6alpha/i386/

At the moment only a 32-bit LiveCD is available.

For SL6 I completely changed the way how I build the LiveCD. It is now
based on the Fedora livecd-tools. Some features which you might know
from SL4/SL5 LiveCD are not or not yet included.
If you use the LiveCD for installing SL6, the installation is now done
by anaconda similar to the normal SL6 installation. You can even install
SL6 directly from the LiveCD without really booting into the LiveCD
environment.

Please let me know what you think? And how you like the new SL6 LiveCD.

Cheers,

    Urs