SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:56:41 -0600
Hello,
I have pushed out the following changes into the 6rolling repository area.

Newly compiled versions of the following packages
--i386
ibus-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-devel-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-devel-docs-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-gtk-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-libs-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
librsvg2-2.26.0-5.el6.i686.rpm
librsvg2-devel-2.26.0-5.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-devel-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-lite-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
--x86_64
ibus-1.3.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
ibus-devel-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-devel-1.3.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
ibus-devel-docs-1.3.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
ibus-gtk-1.3.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
ibus-libs-1.3.4-3.el6.i686.rpm
ibus-libs-1.3.4-3.el6.x86_64.rpm
librsvg2-2.26.0-5.el6.i686.rpm
librsvg2-2.26.0-5.el6.x86_64.rpm
librsvg2-devel-2.26.0-5.el6.i686.rpm
librsvg2-devel-2.26.0-5.el6.x86_64.rpm
libwmf-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-0.2.8.4-22.el6.x86_64.rpm
libwmf-devel-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-devel-0.2.8.4-22.el6.x86_64.rpm
libwmf-lite-0.2.8.4-22.el6.i686.rpm
libwmf-lite-0.2.8.4-22.el6.x86_64.rpm

There was a problem with the post install scripts for ibus-gtk,
librsvg2, and libwmf.  The recompile fixed the scripts.
Besides the compile date, nothing changed in the rest of the rpms, but
they were included so that the compile dates match everything that was
compiled from the same source rpm.

Note:  Yum will not automatically pick up these changes because the
package names are the same as before.

Many thanks go out to those who have been testing and reporting back
problems and solutions.

Troy

Troy J Dawson wrote:
> I have pushed out the following changes into the 6rolling repository area.
>
> opal - needed a patch in order for ekiga to build
> ekiga
> openafs-firstboot
>
> - updated comps.xml that has an openafs-client group
> - images/xen which is a link to images/pxeboot - This was needed for xen
> installs.
>
> I think this will be the last minor update until next week.
> I hope everyone is able to have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.
>
> Troy
>
> Troy J Dawson wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have pushed out the openafs and kdepim-runtime packages into the
>> 6rolling repository.  So you should be able to install them with yum.
>>
>> openafs isn't in the comps.xml file yet, but I wanted to get it out as
>> soon as possible so that people could test it.
>>
>> Troy
>>
>> Troy J Dawson wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> We have released the third Alpha of Scientific Linux 6.
>>>
>>> The release is at
>>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/
>>>
>>> DVD and Net Install downloads are at
>>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/i386/iso/
>>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/x86_64/iso/
>>>
>>> FIXED/CHANGED IN ALPHA 3:
>>> - SELinux - you no longer get an error about selinux during the install,
>>> and the default install has it turned on.
>>> - ntp error - We believe the ntp error was because of the selinux
>>> problems we were having.  When we fixed selinux, the ntp error went away.
>>> - Package Check
>>> We have compared our packages with The Upstream Vendor's, and found
>>> several differences.  We have rebuilt around 240 packages, resulting in
>>> around 360 binary packages that have changed.
>>> - revisor cleanup and documentation
>>> http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/6x/build/sites
>>> This currently only has the "Quick and Easy text mode" for building your
>>> own distribution, but expect it to grow.
>>>
>>> KNOWN ISSUES:
>>> Packages that haven't been built, and aren't in the release.
>>> ekiga
>>> kdepim-runtime
>>> perl-Sys-Virt
>>>
>>> There are no specialized pictures shown during the install.  Just the
>>> one that you see through the whole time.  We are attempting to get this
>>> fixed, but it isn't looking very likely.
>>>
>>> We have not put in any external repos, such as EPEL or rpmforge.
>>>
>>> CHANGES PLANNED FOR ALPHA 4 / BETA 1
>>>
>>> We are planning on SL6 Alpha 4 or BETA 1 to be released Friday January
>>> 7, 2011
>>> There might be some minor changes between now and then, but nothing major
>>>
>>> Expected Updates for Alpha 4 / Beta 1
>>> - We will continue to compare our packages against The Upstream Vendor's
>>> packages, comparing everything in them.
>>> - Hopefully all of the rest of the trouble rpm's will be in the release.
>>> - Add yum repositories (not installed by default)
>>> - Work on graphics and overall look.
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone who has tested and helped thus far.
>>> The Scientific Linux Development Team

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group