SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2010

From:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bluejay Adametz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:31:58 -0500
> Is APC (or some other make) preferred over tripplite as a linux friendly
> ups?  Is everyone using nut or are the vendor supplied software good enough?

I've got a couple of SL 5.0-with-recent-updates machines with
late-model APC UPSs connected via USB, and the UPS parameters/status
do show up in dbus. I haven't seen any comprehensive software to
monitor these UPSs, but then I haven't looked real hard either.

                 - Bluejay Adametz, CFII, A&P, AA-5B N45210

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. - Wilson Mizner

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.