SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2010

From:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Connie Sieh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:52:20 -0600
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Larry Linder wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I stubled into the old trap again when I forgot to comment out all disk
> in "fstab"  rebooted the system and I get dumped to a single user and it
> tells you to enter your passwd and it gives you an error message.

I know that some of these questions were asked before but I will ask
again.

Do you have the SL_password_for_singleuser rpm installed.  If you do
remove it and it will not ask for any password to go into single user.

> You have no privilege to do anything.
> Susi works correctly - what is wrong with SL or RedHad.
> I tried SL 5.5 CD install disk and guess what.   I changed a few item but it
> would never allow you to do anything.

I suggest that you purchase a RedHat subscription and after you have
reproduced this problem on RedHat submit a detailed bug report to RedHat.