SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 09:02:16 -0600
Hello,
I know that many people are waiting eagerly for the first alpha or beta
of SL6.  We understand the anticipation.
We have finished our first pass of recompiling all of RHEL6's rpms.
We began our next pass of recompiling the all source rpm's yesterday and
we are very pleased with how much better the compiles are going in this
pass.
We also learned alot about our new build environment (Koji) and this
pass through should be much more structured.

To see our status as we go along, please go to

http://www.scientificlinux.org/distributions/rolling.whiteboard

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group