SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:36:16 -0500
Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> In order to get development moving for SL6, we have created a Pre-Alpha
> release.
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6rolling/
>
> This is based off the latest public beta of RHEL6 from RedHat.
> We have recompiled most of the rpm's, but not all, so some of them are
> RedHat's rpm's.
>
> At the time I am sending this email, there is only a network install.
> But I am currently compiling a DVD  that has the install on it.
>
> Did I mention that this is for development.
> Please don't complain about bugs RedHat should fix.
>
> Troy

DVD's are up.
There are not "Full Release" DVD's, these have been made like Fedora
make's their DVD's.  This means that only the basics are on the DVD's.

Let me repeat that.

Not every package is on the DVD's.

Only 2 Gig of packages are on the DVD and there are over 4 Gig of
packages in the release.

The DVD is so that you can do an install without having to do a network
install.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group