SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2010 13:33:25 -0500
Hello,
I am going to rebuild the SL6 PreAlpha with a few changes.  Since I need
to change it anyway, we might as well try a different directory
structure and see how it does.

I'd like to have the directory structure as close to RedHat's as we can,
but since they don't have updates (either fastbugs or security), we need
to figure out the best place to put them.

RHEL6
<release> -> source, i386, x86_64
  source -> iso, SRPMS, repodata
  i386 -> iso, os
  x86_64 -> iso, os
   os -> repodata, Packages

For SL6, I am thinking of putting updates in the arch directory, so it
is on the same level as os.  I am also thinking of keeping Packages
called Packages, and not SL.  So things would look like this.

RHEL6
<release> -> source, i386, x86_64
  source -> iso, SRPMS, repodata
  i386 -> iso, os, updates
  x86_64 -> iso, os, updates
   os -> repodata, Packages
   updates -> security, fastbugs

Does this sound ok with everyone?
Is there a way that you would like to see the directory structure?

We still have time to change things around, so now is the time to test.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group