SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

October 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:37:57 -0500
Troy J Dawson wrote:
>> Elena Korytko wrote:
>>> Firefox can't start at SL6 Pre-Alpha i386 and print error message:
>>>
>>> Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.4 and 1.9.2.4.
>>>
>>> Seems like incompatibility between xulrunner-1.9.2.6-1.el6.i686 and
>>> firefox (want 1.9.2.4).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Elena
>> Thanks
>> I'm going to check and see if that is indeed redhat's fault, or
>> something wrong with how we are building packages.
>> Troy
>
> Hi Elena,
> Works fine using RedHat's package, so the problem is on our end.
> I believe our's was compiled with the old xulrunner, but that is odd,
> because usually firefox won't compile without the certain version of
> xulrunning that corresponds to the certain version of firefox.
> Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, I'll see about getting that fixed.
> Troy
> p.s. There are also several packages that are missing.  Working on that too.

Both are fixed now.
There is a new firefox, although it is the exact same name as the old
one.  You need to do a

   yum remove firefox
   yum install firefox

And, now there is a full set of rpm's.  Not just the small subset that
got pulled in the first time.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/SCF/FEF/SLSMS Group