SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

September 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:35:34 -0500
Hello,
Please stop sending me email asking if I am working on the kernel RedHat
just released, or questions like that.  The Scientific Linux development
team is aware of the situation.
Our scripts grabbed the src.rpm soon after it was released and started
the compile.  Please remember that the kernel takes several hours to
compile.  We then have to do our kernel modules.
As soon as everything is compiled, I will put it into our testing area
and let everyone know.  Every SL 5 machine can install from the testing
area, so everyone should be able to install this new kernel on as many
of their machines as they want or need to.

Thank You
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group