SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2010

From:
Alan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2010 02:24:02 +0100
On 31 August 2010 01:37, g <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> easy first:
>
> On 08/30/2010 06:00 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> <snip>
>> Also, I forgot to mention creating a "noraid" file in your
>> /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd/ directory with one line that reads:
>>
>> DMRAID=no
>
> created, raid loads.

Did you recreate the relevant initrd for the kernel?

> On 08/30/2010 05:12 PM, Alan Bartlett wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> I would suggest that you consider using the boot line parameter
>> "nodmraid".
>
> did, raid loads.

Ah, I've just noticed something. Initially your were referring to
dmraid -- the device mapper RAID.  Latterly you have been referring to
the md RAID -- as in "mdadm". They are two separate RAID entities.

What I have shown you is how to configure the "mkinitrd" utility so
that it creates an initrd without dmraid support and also how to
ensure that the system comes up without referencing any dmraid (the
"nodmraid" boot parameter). There is also another boot parameter that
is closely linked to dmraid and that is "nomapth". You will find that
in the immediate block of conditional code prior to the one where you
found the reference to "nomdraid".

will find the section of code where any mdraid is started:

[quote]
# RAID setup
update_boot_stage RCraid
[ -x /sbin/nash ] && echo "raidautorun /dev/md0" | nash --quiet 2>/dev/null
if [ -f /etc/mdadm.conf ]; then
    /sbin/mdadm -A -s
fi
[/quote]

This suggests to me that you should ensure there isn't a mdadm.conf
file in your /etc/ directory . . .

Perhaps that will help?

Alan.