SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2010

From:
Fengchu Zhou <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fengchu Zhou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 21:22:14 +0800
Hi all,

  I am a new user of scientific linux, encounter some questions.

(1). how to install the plugin for the movie player to play the video with
formate of .flv ,  .rmvb , .avi , .mpeg  and so on.   I try to install by
the yum and try to install the new player software - xmms,  but fail.

(2)  I also want to install the editor software of Latex in SL.  but do
not know how to download and install it for linux.

 I follow the some guider from the google, but still fail.

 could someone can give me a advice.
  thanks in advance

  best regards,
   fengchu