SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

August 2010

From:
"P. Larry Nelson" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
P. Larry Nelson
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:45:28 -0500
DreamCatcher wrote on 8/10/2010 8:35 AM:
> Hi,
>      I have made a SL5.3 system installed on VMware. BUT I have no idea about
> get access to the files in my Window 7 Operating System. Can anybody give me
> some advices?
>      I have try to find the hardware which may be windows partitions. Yet gain
> nothing. What I have done is as follows: System->Administration->Hardwares.
> After I get through the lists, nothing about the Windows 7 Partitions was found.
>      The list is shown as in the attach file.
>      Looking forward for your suggestions. Thanks in advance.
>      Cheers,
>                          Shuping

I use the Shared Folders feature to access files on my Windows XP host
operating system from my virtual SL5.5 system, including (but not limited
to) my entire XP Desktop (which is really just a folder).  It works just fine.

See: http://www.vmware.com/support/ws5/doc/ws_running_shared_folders.html

- Larry
--
P. Larry Nelson (217-244-9855) | Systems/Network Administrator
461 Loomis Lab                 | High Energy Physics Group