SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2010

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:28:06 -0400
Because we are in a little town (wide spot in road) the DSL is not the most
reliable.  That is why I down loaded the 8 disks from another source and
wanted to update systems to SL 5.5.
This install try was an update and not a new installation.
There have been a lot of additions to this system, for doing FFT, Power
Spectral Density, and a lot of signal processing.   Unfortunately /usr has
expaned beyond our first guess and /usr/local is almost empty.
Since these may not be adjacent partitions.  Is there anyway to expand /usr
and shrink /usr/local.

Thanks for the insight.

Larry Linder