SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

July 2010

From:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 08:54:38 -0400
When installing SL5.5 over SL5.4 about mid way into the Disk 2 I get an Error
message to REBOOT.
204 Meg on /mnt/sysimage/usr

When I look at /mnt   it is empty after reboot.
My guess is that update ran out of disk space, and the the sysimage/usr is
removed after ERROR is detected and REBOOT message is displayed.

Is there anyway to change the location of sysimage/usr to some other disk on
the system?

The sda? contains all the system directories and is 36 G, about 1/2 of it is
uncommitted.   /usr is 8G and 94% full.  Other directories have at least a G
of spare space.

I need to change partition sizes but hate to waste a lot of time guessing.

Thank You
Larry Linder