SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

From:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Peatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:54:10 +0100
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, Devin Bougie wrote:

> In our case, home directories are also on NFS shares.  The problem
> described above happened when ~/.mozilla/firefox was a link to a folder
> in a different NFS share.  Sorry for the confusion.

We see extension problems even though ~/.mozilla/firefox is not a symlink;
as it happens all our home directories are on NFS...

As I've implemented a hack to remove the extensions.ini file on startup
users are no longer complaining.  It seems hard to identify where the bug
(or bugs) lie.

In various bugzilla reports I've been reading it is all too easy to just
blame the extension authors since they might be doing something wrong...

  -- Jon