SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

From:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Devin Bougie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 13:05:19 -0400
Hi Jon and Chris,

On Jun 24, 2010, at 5:26 PM, Jon Peatfield wrote:
> ... But one of our users has reported a problem with a particular extension
> which seems odd - the extension works the first time that 3.6.4 uses it
> but not after that. ...

Just incase it helps, we saw this same problem with the Lazarus extension for one of our users.  In this case, the problem appears to have been that ~/.mozilla/firefox was a link to an NFS share.  When I removed the link and moved the firefox directory back into ~/.mozilla/, Firefox 3.6 with Lazarus works fine.

Firefox 3.0 with Lazarus works fine when ~/.mozilla/firefox is a link to an NFS share, but Firefox 3.6 with Lazarus does not.

Devin

------
Devin Bougie
Cornell University
Laboratory for Elementary-Particle Physics