SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

From:
Zdzislaw Wozniak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:13:45 -0400
I am new to SL. Please help me to install Skype on SL 5.5 x86_64. I have an AMD Phenom on GA-M52L-S3P motherboard, Sound
Blaster sound card and Logitec QuickCam Pro 9000. I can verify both sound and video using "Multimedia System Selector"
but that's about it. I followed the path recommended for Centos as in http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype but it works
only partially in my case. The Skype screen shows up and I can hear the voice but no sound playback and no video. SL
fits me well in my line of work and I would appreciate any help or guidance to make skype work.
Regards,
Zdzislaw