SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

From:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simon Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:20:37 +0100
hi everybody

We run a lot of desktop SL machines running openoffice. Last week there
was an update to openoffice.org-ure package to
openoffice.org-ure-3.1.1-19.5.el5_5.1.i386

As a result our 5.x machines with openoffice 2.3 have been suddenly
upgraded to 3.1 - a bit of a surprise!

Unfortunately the update to openoffice.org-ure from sl-security broke
the custom OOo 3.0 we use on many of our desktops where the local custom
repo was not prioritized over sl-security repo (we provide newer
versions of OOo because only 2.3 was provided by the distro)

i'm surprised that nobody else seems to be affected by this, or has
mentioned the jump to 3.1.

we've now managed to put an emergency workaround in place. however, i'm
just writing this note in case others are affected.

any "me too"s, or were most people using the old 2.3 OOo provided by
SL5.x (where x<5) ?
--
Simon Butcher

Computer and IT Systems Manager